The fund drive for Season 6 ends at midnight tomorrow. We have collected $16,403 from 200 donors. Our goal is to raise $30K from 300 donors. $13597 from 100 people in 35 hours? It could happen, but not without the magic of you! Here’s a list of things you can do to help:
- Donate. $1, $5, $25, $100, $1,000 or anything in-between– whatever is realistic for your budget. There are thank you gifts for each level of contribution. Even $1.
- Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, and Google + using the handy links on our Indie GoGo fund drive page. Belong to other artist or creative groups? Got a Facebook page or separate Twitter account for your work or art? Post an appeal and link there too. Explain why The Secret City is important to you. Ask folks to donate and re-post your appeal.
- Send a personal email with the same appeal to your friends and family. (You can use the “email” button on our Indie GoGo campaign page.) They may be more likely to actually see it and likely to take it more seriously. Entice them with a promise of celebration drinks, cupcakes, a BBQ, something special if the goal is met.
- Like our awesome fund drive video on YouTube.
- Using Twitter, direct message artists with lots of followers and ask them to tweet an appeal. Offer exact copy to make it super easy.
Do you have any other ideas for how we as a community can spread the word and collect almost $14K from 100 people in less than 48 hours? Please leave a comment here or on our Facebook page. Thank you!
Service Recap, Cultural Calendar, and Reading for our June service ( themed Ecstasy) will be up after the fund drive.